Saturday 8 December 2012

magazine adverts reflection

I created two magazine adverts for our artist 'Mike Smith'. Below is the first one I created. Specifically in this post I will be analysing two of my magazine adverts I created for our artist, using Photoshop. I used my own images throughout, and applied test where necessary to keep it looking professional.

The above print screen is of the first magazine advert in which I created in Adobe Photoshop, I was new to this software so I had to play around with it in order for me to get the hang of it. I first of all started off by thinking of a colour scheme I decided to go simple with red and black, to give off a serious dance vibe to match the genre. I started off by adding a plain black background, I decided to do this so I had more to work with. I then made the top banner red and type in black text over the top 'DATA RECORD PRESENTS' I placed this at the top over the red so that it stands out. I also added to white striped either side for presentation and to keep a house style going throughout. To the bottom left of the page I wrote in white writing 'INCLUDES NO 1SINGLE STAY AWAKE and upcoming singles' I purposly wrote it in white so that it stands out and used caps lock where it was necessary. The bottom right hand side of the page is where I added in a small image of the front of the digipak I made and above in white writing 'OUT NOW'. I then had a blank space in the middle which I left purposly left for the image of the artist which we took in our photoshoot, I then added 'MIKE SMITH' in red over the top in the largest font so that his name stands out the most so the audience remember it. I added the white lines again to keep a pattern, on the outside of the artist I added a glow using the glow tool and shadowing tool to make the image stand out too.

 
Above is the second magazine advert I created in photoshop. I felt more confident when creating the second advert as I had got used to what tools to use and how to work the software as a whole. I started off completely different this time and went for a different layout, however I kept the same colour scheme. I started off this time with the image, I made the image the background and edited the picture into black and white to connote the idea of day and night which represents the idea of partying through the day and night which associates itself with the dance genre. I then created the black strip down the right hand side of the page and put it in black and created text in red capitals and bold 'MIKE SMITH' the artists name, this stands out of the whole page so that the artist is remembered. I then decided to add in the little bits I added in black text near to the top 'DATA RECORDS PRESENTS' 'including NO 1 SINGLE' and then 'STAY AWAKE' I made into a bigger font and red, so that it really does stand out especially against the black and white. Finishing off this is my favourite advert I made out of the two, I feel that I played around more with the tools, and it looks more professional, I also believe that its simple and relates to the target audience and the genre of dance.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in explaining how you created your magazine adverts. However, within this post you also need to explain what the strengths and weakness are too. This can be achieved by conidering the colours, images, fonts, layout and conventions of dance

    ReplyDelete