Saturday 8 December 2012

Iconography

There are so many things that are seen conventionally in music videos, so I need to make sure that this happens in ours too. We need to make sure that we follow some if not all of those. One of the conventions that we will follow well is having a new/cool car in the music video, for ours we are using a car a new white voltswagen polo, so its not a flash car but its cool and meets the conventions. The car is used to take the artist and the girl to the party and to other locations also.



The video will also have alcohol, cigarettes and references to drugs, these are our main conventions our dance music video, the audience will be expecting this. They meet what the lyrics are saying about the generation being messed up also. Overall it all adds to the party atmosphere which throughout the video the audience see snaps of. The drugs not only connote the idea of the generation being messed up but also the idea that the artist is rich as he can afford all of this to happen to him. The artists appearance also meets the iconography as he will be wearing a designer top and geek glasses, which can class him as fashionable, which will relate/attract the target audience but also that he is rich and has a glamorous lifestyle.




 

 
 Below is a screenshot from my music video, of a bottle which I set out to follow as its iconography of a dance music video.
 
I also decided to use footage from a concert that I had seen to create a party atmosphere.
The above screen shot is the car that we used in our music video, this is typical and are seen in dance music videos.

The above screen shot is from my music video, I decided that it was necessary that I create a club/party like scene so I got a few of my friends together and achieved this.

The above screen shot is of one of the actresses acting out as if they are doing drugs, this is the typical codes and conventions of dance music video, so I thought that it was necessary to include this in my music video.


1 comment:

  1. This post shows some understanding of planning techniques and this is because you have considered a range of iconography items that you wish to include within your music video.

    To develop this post you need to refer your ideas back to the concept of your music video to show how each item will assist you in making a conventional music video

    ReplyDelete